Saturday 8 July 2023

A Mini Tutorial: Creating a Painting of Powder from the Arcane Series 🌟


I love the Arcane series on Netflix! I've watched it multiple times and fell in love with Powder – she's just so cute. 

A while back, I created this painting of her, and I thought it would be helpful to share a mini tutorial on how I did it. 

In this digital painting tutorial, I'll provide a step-by-step breakdown of the process, accompanied by a video so you can create your own Arcane-inspired masterpiece.

Enjoy!

Step-by-Step Breakdown:


Drawing the Outline:

  • Start by drawing the outline of Powder on a new layer.
  • Change the line layer to multiply to create a more subtle effect.

Creating the Base:

  • Insert a new layer underneath the line layer and name it 'paint.'
  • Begin by blocking in the skin using a mid-tone color.
  • Proceed to block in the t-shirt, hair, and backpack.

Adding Shadows:

  • Paint shadows using a dark, warm color to create depth and dimension.
  • Include the main background color at this stage.

Refining Transitions:

  • Use a soft brush or blender tool to soften hard edges.
  • Focus on creating smooth transitions between light and shadows.
  • Don't forget to add details to the bag and background.

Final Touches:

  • Complete the painting by adding the eyes and hair clasps.
  • Pay attention to small details that bring the character to life.


And there you have it! I hope you found this Arcane fanart tutorial helpful. If you enjoyed this content and would like to see more of my artwork and tutorials, make sure to follow me on Instagram @janeeporter.art.

If you found this tutorial valuable, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share it with your friends and fellow artists. Let's spread the knowledge and inspiration together!

Feel free to leave any questions or suggestions in the comments section below.  Happy painting! 🎨✨


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment